Social media and design internship is a work-and-learn program for creative and motivated graduates who want to upgrade their social media and design skills. This remote program is powered by Change.org, a leading platform that drives social justice. For this reason, aspirants for this position must have a passion for social issues in South Africa and other nations worldwide.
More so, candidates who desire to be a part of this organization’s internship must have relevant experience in social media and design to enable them to work efficiently.
Change.org is a nonprofit business that provides the biggest tech platform for users who want to lend their voices to erupting social issues. With over 50 million monthly users who are ever ready to make good use of the features on Change.org, the organization helps enable social changes and justice even among the masses. Also, as part of its positive social impact, Change.org provides a solid site that sponsors over 50,000 campaigns, hundreds of millions of signatures per annum, and 200 staff who also contribute to the company’s movement of empowering the common man to take civic action.
Overview of the social media and Design Internship
This internship is an opportunity to work while developing your social media and design skills in a global petition organization. This role suits individuals who follow up on major social issues in South Africa. You must be able to take on several tasks at a time and develop ideas and strategies when required. Furthermore, interns can renew their contracts at Change.org after their internship period.
What is the role of a social media and design intern?
- Sustain and intensify campaigns
- Interact with other employees
- Create social media content and campaigns that provide solutions for users
- Work with campaigns teams to design unique concepts for campaigns.
- Develop your organization and analytical skills.
What qualifies you for the social media and design internship?
Before applying, you should know the skills and competencies aspirants must possess.
- You must be a fresh graduate in communications, media and broadcasting, digital marketing, journalism, public relations, and other related fields.
- Must be knowledgeable about digital marketing and social media.
- Ability to use social media analytics tools like google analytics and crowd tangle
- You must have graphic design and video production skills. You will need to create innovative content on Change.org’s social media channels.
- Should have multitasking and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication ability.
- Should have experience directing content creation and campaigns on social media platforms like TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Benefits of the social media and design internship
- Stipends of $35 per hour
- Company employees’ training program
- Flexible work schedule
- Health care options
- Computer benefits
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Duration: Six months
- Visit the company’s website and apply
- You’ll need to submit the following alongside your application; A cover letter, cv, a sample of graphic and video you made, and finally, a link to a successful social media page created.
- Prepare for an interview.
Frequently asked questions about the social media and design internship
How long does the hiring process for this social media and media internship?
From start to finish, this process takes three weeks to complete.
Can I work remotely for this program?
Change.org offers employees a flexible work schedule. Likewise, interns are free to carry out their functions from any location within South Africa.
Above all, this social media and design internship is a learning experience that will empower you with knowledge and benefits you can invest in creative and social justice career growth.