Baxter’s quality intern program focuses on providing work experience opportunities for young professionals. This internship puts you in a position to make meaningful contributions to the community. Candidates have to be clear on their job description to make an impact.
This training is designed to enlighten you on quality control and documentation processes. You will need professional skills to sustain you during this period. Some of these skills include analytical and communication skills.
Also, participation makes you eligible for several employee benefits, such as career growth and financial compensation. Read on to discover other perks of working as a quality intern at Baxter Canada.
About Baxter International
Baxter International is a healthcare company established in 1931 by Donald Baxter. It is a top medical equipment manufacturer specializing in products that treat kidney disease and hemophilia. Also, they produce products for intravenous therapy.
From its headquarters in the United States, Baxter has become a global business with products visible in hospitals and other treatment facilities. Their innovations target healthcare transformation and patient satisfaction.
Baxter, one of NHS’s biggest suppliers, can improve lives through products from their businesses Baxter’s Bioscience and Baxter’s medical products.
Overview of Baxter Quality Intern Program
Candidates will manage quality operations and documentation through the Baxter quality intern program. This requires a background knowledge of quality control and qualifications in similar fields.
Also, quality interns will ensure the compliance of Baxter Canada Products to current Canadian GMP requirements. They actively influence the implementation of production standards.
Also Read: WES Policy Analyst Intern Program 2024
What are the responsibilities of a Baxter quality intern?
- Control documentation of quality processes:
- Maintain current electronic document organization to accomplish quality operations compliance documentation.
- Evaluate and rework Quality Operations Documentation AQPRs, SOPs, C of As, etc.
- Contribute to the release of new products
- Organize and release documentation for assessment by the Product Release Team.
- Communicate and work with manufacturing sites, 3PL, and external labs
- Support the product release team with ordering release activities supporting business needs.
- Assist with quality operations compliance activities
- Work with the broader operations team on other special duties
- Prepare yearly agreement for evaluation and authorization
- Help introduce new products to the Canadian market
What are the eligibility criteria for the Baxter quality intern program?
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry or Biology
- Advanced certification and training in Quality and Regulation activities
- Can establish a healthy relationship with internal and external clients
- Understands GMPs, and government policies for drug products, biologics, and medical devices
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
- Vigorous investigation and analytical skills
- Decision-making skills and strong communication skills
- Previous QA practice in the pharmaceutical field
- Familiar with Canadian regulations for drug products, biologics, and medical devices
- Previous product testing procedures and review of test results
- Customer-oriented and can thrive in vague conditions
Benefits of Baxter’s quality intern program
- Salary: $50k per annum
- Work experience
- Access to an inclusive community
- Profitable connections
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
Duration: Eight months
Application status: Ongoing
How to Apply
- Candidates who meet the requirements should start their application process on the Company’s website.
- Include the required documents.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a virtual or in-person interview.
Frequently Asked Questions on the Baxter Quality Intern Program
Can I submit my CV in person?
No. An online application is preferable for this process.
How long does it take to know the outcome of my application?
Candidates for the Baxter quality intern program will get an acknowledgment mail once they apply. However, getting feedback on your application status takes at least one week.
Are there other internship opportunities in Canada?
Yes. You can peruse the available options here.
To sum up, the Baxter international quality internship provides in-depth training on quality control for candidates willing to advance in the field. It is also an opportunity to boost your resume with volunteering services in the community.