The Junior Accountant Intern Program is essential for candidates seeking practical accounting experience. For this internship, participants will fulfill responsibilities that challenge them to build and develop soft skills.
In addition to skills development, the job description for this role allows in-depth exposure to multiple accounting fields. A useful opportunity to obtain extra knowledge in their field.
This position comes with lots of benefits that will impact your professional journey. Let’s discover how to gain entry into this career-changing program.
About First Canadian Insurance Corporation
First Canadian Insurance Corporation was founded in 1988. They cater to the insurance needs of Canadian nationals.
Also, the brand offers reliable services like life and disability coverage through financial service offices. Aside from its primary service, First Canadian Insurance Corporation supplies products to the automotive industry.
The company boasts over 2.2 million active customers and 3.2 million active certificates. The First Canadian Insurance Corporation is recognized as one of the best employers in the country.
They offer growth and support opportunities to employees who can assist teams within the company.
Overview of the First Canadian Junior Accountant Intern Program
The Junior accountant intern program extends individual support to all participants. While this program is short-term, there are many company benefits you can take advantage of during its duration.
Also, there’s the support of senior team members ready to prep you for career growth. This program is a chance to gain hands-on experience under the direction of industry experts.
Interns who excel in this training period will gain special recognition during the employee award events. Here are the daily tasks for interns in this program.
Also Read: Top Data Analyst jobs in Canada in 2024
What are the responsibilities of the Junior Accountant Intern?
- keep accurate and up-to-date financial records
- Document daily financial transactions
- Balance bank statements with financial records
- Contribute to the monthly closing process by organizing financial reports, entries, and reconciliation.
- Ensure implementation of company policies and accounting standards
- Work with cross-functional teams to obtain financial information and support
- Help with special duties under the direction of senior team members
What qualifies you for the Junior Accountant Intern Program?
- A second-year student enrolled for a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or similar courses.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Communication and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented and professional
- Can work unsupervised and also function in an environment
- Professional-level French bilingualism is an asset for this position.
What are the benefits of the Junior Intern Program?
- Salary: $48.7k per year
- Hybrid work option
- Employee discount programs
- Company gym with a special trainer
- Employee award events
- Top facility with ergonomic chairs/desks
Location: Alberta, Canada.
Duration: Twelve months.
Application status: Ongoing
Also Read: Best Engineering Jobs in Canada 2024
How to Apply
- Follow the directions on the company’s website to apply
- Get your resume and academic documents ready
- Bilingual candidates should expect a language assessment
- Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities
- Wait for feedback after completing the application process.
Frequently Asked Questions on the First Canadian Junior Accountant Intern Program
How long does the interview process for this internship take?
The interview takes a maximum of two days to complete
What type of contract is this program offering?
The First Canadian Junior Accountant intern program is a short-term internship.
Are there other opportunities to gain work experience in Canada?
Yes. You can find similar job offers in Canada here.
In conclusion, this is an entry-level position suitable for undergraduates in the accounting field. If you want to learn and acquire skills relevant to the accounting field, this program is the best option.