This article provides insight into some engineering jobs in Canada. As beneficial as these offers are, it is no surprise how in demand they are, even for foreigners searching for visa sponsorship.
Most companies are after individuals with experience in a particular branch of engineering; this, alone, can give you an edge over your competitors. You can read on to find more information regarding these work offers.
Engineering Jobs in Canada
MDA is a space technology company with a specialty in geo-intelligence, robotics, and space operations. A hardware engineering expert is needed to assist the project team with critical tasks.
- Join the system Engineering team to develop system interfaces, system specifications, and ideas for operations.
- Utilize specialty engineering design fields for innovative solutions to customer requirements.
- Choose suppliers, purchase hardware, and support proof of concept, feasibility, or trade-off studies.
- Preserve servers, specialized compute processors (FPGAs)
- Organize servers and workstations, cabling interconnections, and equipment setup
- Achieve IT systems administration (Linux, Windows)
- Develop system engineering document deliverables
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree with relevant experience working and supporting tasking projects.
- Monetary compensation
- Disability income protection
- Extended healthcare
- Flexible drug plans
- Dental and vision benefits
Position: Junior Hardware Systems Engineer
Location: Richmond, BC
Magna is a Forbes-recognized manufacturer of auto parts. This company is offering successful candidates one of the most sought-after engineering jobs in Canada.
- Manage complex projects unsupervised
- Carry out productivity research
- Write necessary reports and charts for engineering projects and record
- Create a prevention maintenance program and extra parts for new equipment
- Help resolve issues that concern quality, production, maintenance, and operations
- Observe operational procedures and policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook, Quality, and Environment programs (i.e. IATF 16949, ISO140010)
Also Read: Rich League marketing sales intern 2024
- Degree/Diploma in Mechanical, Industrial, or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years in manufacturing engineering experience in the automotive industry.
- Project management experience
- Practical knowledge in costing and quoting
- Proficient in CAD (with AutoCAD)
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Can adapt to the fast-paced environment
- Ability to act in confidentiality.
- Can function in a team environment
- Can work overtime
- Weekly pay
- Medical and dental benefits
- Matched GRRSP
- Annual employee opinion survey
- Magna Service Award program
- Magna scholarship program
- Life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment.
Position: Senior Process Engineer
Location: Brampton, ON
Salary: $65,782 per year
Submit your application here
Here’s your chance to work with a team of professionals. KPMG is a network of firms in various countries committed to providing audit and related advisory services.
- Keep up with global technology trends in science and engineering.
- Gain insight into Federal and Provincial innovation programs like the Scientific Research and Experimental Development program.
- Study client’s technologies, products, and operations to figure out R&D activities that qualify for government incentives.
- University degree in either Mechanical, chemical, or electrical engineering
- Two years of practical experience in Engineering
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with the SR&ED program and other funding programs is a bonus but not a prerequisite
- Ability to impress clients while concurrently managing several projects
- Eager to develop abilities through continuous learning
- Connections to a team of experts in different fields
- Exposure to top-notch technologies
- Valuable business experience
Position: Engineering Consultant
Work hours: 35 hours
Salary: $72,225 per year
Northwest Territories Health and Social Services Authority
Northwest Territories Health and Social Services Authority is the organization responsible for health and social service delivery in Yellowknife. As a capable technologist, this is your best chance for practical experience from this list of engineering jobs in Canada.
- Manage, fix, and develop the NTHSSA facility
- Offer assistance to clients to meet operational needs and emergency responses.
- Work in line with standards and measures formed by NTHSSA-Legacy, National Fire Code Canada (NFCC), Canadian Standard Association (CSA), American Society Mechanical Engineers (ASME), and Underwriters Laboratory (UL).
- Repair assets by checking causes of issues, stabilization of failures
- Help with emergency response plans, management, projects, technology, or operational incentives at the Legacy facility.
- Diploma in electrical, electronics, mechanical, or power plant engineering technology
- At least a fourth-class power engineering of competency
- Four years of practical experience in a fourth-class power plant
- Familiarity with a Northern cold weather environment is important
- Valid class five Drivers’ license
- Must pass the criminal record check
- Evidence of recent immunization status
Role: Regular, Full-time.
Position: Hospital Engineering Technologist
Salary: $53.55 per hour
Apply for the job through this link