McCain Foods is seeking applications from students who can effectively handle the human resources intern role. From this position, you can contribute to impactful projects while developing your abilities.
An internship provides students and young professionals a platform to do meaningful work that gives them insight into industry expectations. Now this internship is a profitable experience where you can practice to advance your career goals.
As a company that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, employees will work with leading professionals in the industry. These quality relationships create an avenue for positive change and noticeable development.
About McCain Foods
McCain Foods was established by the McCain brothers (Wallace, Harrison, Robert, and Andrew) in 1957. They are a large food company thriving on entrepreneurial innovations. As farmer’s sons, the brothers infused agricultural knowledge with innovation to start a now-leading food company.
With the help of frozen food technology, McCain Foods has become the world’s largest manufacturer of frozen French fries. Also, they have other products such as potato products and fries which are consumed in over 160 countries.
Overview of McCain Foods Human Resources Internship
As a human resources intern, you will receive equal treatment as other employees in the company. This means your place is with the Coaldale facility team for the duration of this program. Interns are expected to make the most of this chance and learn under industry experts.
To this end, candidates must report to HR specialists while contributing to HR tasks like retention, recruitment, and compensation. Through this program, you will study employee relations within a food processing facility and learn how to maintain a recruitment plan.
So, if you don’t mind training that prepares you to ease into the real work world, then this internship is right for you. However, you must be aware of the job description of this position. This knowledge is necessary to direct you on the next step to take.
Also Read: Grifols R&D summer intern 2024
What are the responsibilities of the McCain Human Resources Intern?
- Organize and promote employee events
- Work with the talent acquisition partner and HR specialist on recruitment matters
- Perform administrative duties and any other special assignments
- Help in assigning programs related to diversity equity and inclusion.
- Support change management HR projects as outlined
- Collaborate with the occupational health lead to promote employee wellness activities
What are the eligibility criteria for the McCain Foods Human resources intern role?
- Must be studying Human resources in an accredited university or college.
- Expertise in MS Office products
- Tact and diplomacy- extremely professional in your dealings with internal customers and outside vendors
- Demonstrable history of good work ethics, promotion, and adherence to company safe policies
- Excellent communication, planning, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Results-focused, team player with problem-solving and prioritization abilities
- Can establish healthy relationships
- Maintains confidentiality
What are the benefits of McCain Foods Human resources internship?
- Healthy and flexible workplace
- Supportive team that will boost your development
- Chance to support meaningful projects
- Access to the North American students’ community
- Salary: $31 per hour.
Location: Coaldale, Alberta, Canada.
Duration: Four months
Application status: Ongoing.
How to Apply
- The first step is to register on the company’s website
- After this, you can complete the online form and submit it.
- You will be invited for an interview if you complete the process successfully.
Frequently Asked Questions on McCain Foods Human Resources Intern Program
What type of position does this role offer?
This is a temporary contract for a full-time position.
When will the McCain Foods Human Resources intern program commence?
This internship will start in May 2024.
Is it possible to discover similar internships in Canada?
Certainly, you can access multiple Canadian internships from here.
Interns will be able to put their knowledge into practice and enjoy the support of industry experts while in this program. Overall, this is an opportunity to gain first-hand experience in a food manufacturing facility.