DHL Health and Safety internship is a career advancement experience most suitable for professionals in the Health and safety field. However, the knowledge of health and safety regulations is a compulsory requirement for this job because interns will help enforce these policies within DHL Express South Africa.
Applicants must be responsible individuals with strategic ideas to promote health and safety initiatives in the company. Read on to discover how this program could be an enriching experience for your profession.
About DHL Express
DHL Express is a top-tier International courier service famous for door-to-door logistics. Founded in the United States of America in 1969, the company’s services include freight forwarding, package delivery, and third-party logistics. With over 590,000 employees aiding delivery of 1.8 billion parcels yearly in 220 countries. DHL is the best place to sustain success in your profession.
Overview of DHL Health and Safety internship
DHL Express offers a fixed-term contract that promises to be rewarding just for professionals with HSE licenses and experience. DHL summer internships indeed provide certifications at the end of every program. However, to merit this certification, you must discharge your responsibilities effectively.
Also Read: The Foschini CyberSecurity internship
Duties of a DHL Health and Safety intern
- Make sure the company abides by legal laws and conditions
- Keep up with legal appointments, control safety registers and checklists, supervise health and safety talks and committee meetings, and handle contractors.
- Implement the country’s health and safety protocols and principles in stations and gateways.
- Organize and analyze functional site risk assessment when due.
- Use risk assessment results to aid the application of preventative and corrective measures.
- Report, investigate, and attend to non-conformances on time.
- Follow up on injury and accident evaluation according to company rules and procedures.
- Conduct internal risk inspection in line with DHL policies to promote good leadership and adherence.
- Execute country facilities’ safety initiatives and utilize excellent communication skills to improve efforts in these areas.
- Report amendments of local safety regulations that concern DHL Express ZA
- Document and report monthly on safety and health records and statistics of incident reports.
- Decide training requirements and help in the execution of training programs.
- Oversee DHL Express ZA units, stakeholders, and contractors’ adherence to SHE legislation and internal DHL Express SHE standards and regulations.
- Supervise the SHE subcontractor unit and help in planning SHE programs.
- Help in the application of IS045001 and ISO14001 Ens
What are the minimum Health and Safety internship requirements at DHL Express ZA?
- Applicants must have experience in the health and safety field.
- Educational requirements include;
- Grade 12
- National Diploma in Safety Management and Environment
- Incident investigation
- Samtrac or equivalent
- Internal auditing
- Legal liability
What are the Benefits of a DHL health and safety internship?
- Competitive salary
- Free Lunches
- Professional authority
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Duration: 18 months (one year, six months)
Also Read: Hillebrand graduate internship
- Click on the company website, and submit your application with supporting documents in pdf forms.
- Afterward, get ready for an interview.
Frequently Asked Questions about the DHL Health and Safety internship
Can I apply for this program as a student?
Unfortunately, only graduates with at least five years of experience will qualify for this summer internship. However, you can look up other suitable internship opportunities for South African students on this site.
What kind of salary does a DHL internship offer?
Being a successful company that generates over €14.4 billion as yearly revenue. DHL pays 18 dollars per hour which is above-average pay.
What is the duration of DHL interviews?
Interviews last for about 30 to 60 minutes.
In general, this internship promises certification, exposure, and experience that will distinguish you from your peers in the health and safety field.