The World food program internship is looking for data management interns to support the procurement unit of the regional bureau for Southern Africa. Candidates for this position must be South African citizens or permanent residents with permits.
Ideally, WFP interns in South Africa will learn to create ideas that will strengthen vendor management and stabilize the unit’s critical supply lines. They will receive more than the usual intern salary in South Africa for their contributions during this program.
About World Food Program
The United Nations World Food Program is the biggest humanitarian agency responsible for eradicating global hunger. The organization’s mission is to ensure people living below standards have access to quality nutrition. In addition, the World Food Program volunteers and over 14000 employees help provide other humanitarian assistance to vulnerable People, including women and children, in over 80 countries, including South Africa.
Overview of World Food Program Internship
Interns will work under the procurement officer for at least 40 hours weekly. More so, they will manage data and devise strategies for easy procurement. The World Food Program internship is also an opportunity to volunteer for a United Nations organization. Therefore, if you need a distinctive feature on your resume, you shouldn’t hesitate to apply for this program.
Role of World food program intern
A. Vendor management update
- Get and examine documents from vendors
- Inquire from submissions, documents that need to be updated
- Check for outstanding documents from suppliers
- Respond to issues regarding available document
- Suggest plans classifying suppliers based on technical and financial strength.
- See that suppliers fix all complaints from the vendor manager team
B. Design, create, and upgrade databases
- Create and plan databases that will connect to documents received from suppliers.
- Create a database to support operations.
- Utilize data analytics to improve procurement plans for the region.
C. AOB (10%)
- Assist procurement with other operations necessary for the development of data management plans.
It is important to note that interns will work within Johannesburg. However, you can be called to carry out ad-hoc duties as a world food program volunteer in other WFP country offices.
Also Read: Corteva Agriscience Millwright Internship
What qualifies you for the World food program internship?
The right candidate to work as a procurement intern must possess
- Data management skills
- Good writing, visual, and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literate with reference to PowerPoint, Word, and Excel skills
- Ability to understand a coding language (SHE, Java, python)
- Must be able to conduct quantitative analysis through the use of statistical software.
- Should understand the need for confidentiality and important ethical issues regarding data privacy.
- Must be fluent in English and have a basic knowledge of French and Portuguese.
- Must be a recent graduate or be enrolled in a graduate program at the time of application.
Benefits of World Food Program Internship
- Salary: $1000 monthly.
- Health insurance
Location: Gauteng, South Africa.
Duration: 8 months
Also Read: PepsiCo Internships Guide
- Create a candidate profile on the WFP recruitment website
- Submit your application.
Frequently asked questions on World Food Program Internship
Is the recruitment process at World Food Program Internship like?
The recruitment process involves a 30-minute virtual interview where candidates will share their job expectations and previous job experiences. Also, an evaluation will verify applicants’ educational backgrounds and skills. Any misrepresentation of information may attract immediate disqualification.
Will I be asked to pay a fee during the application?
No. Applicants do not need to make payments of any kind to participate in the recruitment process.
What are the documents I should attach to my application?
Applicants should include a resume, a cover letter, and proof of enrollment in a university showing an official date of completion.
Above all, an opportunity to work for the world food program procurement team will enrich you with experience and facilitate your employment in any organization.