The Sea Harvest graduate program helps aspiring professionals through structured training opportunities across specific fields. A Graduate program is a profitable investment for brands that aim to maximize the productivity of recruits.
This opportunity drives further organizational growth while improving employees’ capabilities. As valuable assets of the company, graduate trainees at Sea Harvest will experience constant support for the growth and development of their abilities.
This program has a competitive recruitment process that aligns with the Employment Equity Strategy. Therefore, the selection process will be devoid of bias for all candidates who meet the requirements for the Sea Harvest graduate program.
About The Sea Harvest Group
Established in 1964, the Sea Harvest Group is an agri-processing business founded in Saldanha Bay, South Africa. They deal majorly in seafood harvested in South Africa and Australia, which they process and distribute worldwide.
As a fast-moving consumer goods business with a widespread customer base, they have a workforce of 4000 people to assist in different units. In addition, they own a fleet of fishing vessels in South Africa to increase efficiency and reduce the cost of operations.
Today, they implore the latest technology for optimal productivity and satisfaction in local and international markets.
Overview of the Sea Harvest Graduate Program
The Sea Harvest graduate program cuts across several fields. For this reason, trainees must be flexible and ready to adapt to diverse responsibilities.
More so, the Sea Harvest graduate program allows trainees to manage projects and contribute to assignments according to their areas of expertise. Applicants must be proactive and assertive individuals who can flourish and work in a team.
The Sea Harvest group holds a reward program for distinctive employees known as heroes of the sea.
Also Read: Vodacom Discover Graduate Program 2024
What is the job description of a graduate trainee in this program?
Graduate trainees must be open to challenges and;
- Contribute to teamwork
- Handle special assignments during this program
- Participate in learning programs
- Report to team leaders
What qualifies you for the Sea Harvest graduate program?
- Candidates must have a degree in any of the Harvest fields;
- BCom: Accounting
- Bachelor of Law
- BTech/Advanced Diploma: Food Technology
- BEng/Advanced Diploma: Industrial Engineering
- BTech: Consumer Science: Food and Nutrition
- BEng/Advanced Diploma: Mechanical Engineering
- BCom: Human Resources Management
- BSc: Environmental Science (incl Hons)
- BEng/Advanced Diploma: Electrical Engineering
- Candidates must have a degree or about to finish a degree program.
- Should have no prior work experience in their field (internship or graduate programs)
- Strong analytical skills
- Superb work delivery
- Microsoft Suite skills
- Leadership ability
What are the benefits of the Sea Harvest graduate program?
Reward program for exceptional employees (Heroes of the Sea):
- On-the-job training
- Career progression
- Valuable experience
- Free lunch
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape
Duration: 12 months
Application Deadline: 31 October, 2023.
Also Read: HR Reward Analyst Internship
How to apply
- Please click on this link to access Sea Harvest Career website
- Carefully follow the instructions on the page
- Combine all the required documents into one PDF document and submit it with your application.
- Prepare for an interview
Frequently Asked Questions Sea Harvest Graduate Program
What are the documents I should attach to my application?
Candidates must upload the following documents with their application
- Comprehensive CV
- Academic transcripts
- Copies of Matric certificate
- University qualification certificate (for graduates)
How long is the recruitment process for the Sea Harvest graduate program?
It takes at least 21 days for the recruitment process to be complete.
What should I expect during the interview?
Depending on the role, the recruiter may ask for a drug test.
In conclusion, this program provides trainees with a broad range of opportunities for developing and acquiring valuable skills.