The Sage Group transformation internship program allows qualified and vibrant South African graduates to gain experience in real-world work ethics and interact with experts and colleagues on the job front. The internship program will take place in the Sage Group Johannesburg branch. This will be where interns will be assigned various intensive projects and tasks.
However, these will be the moments where they will become exposed to the beneficial skills and experience that will shape their future career endeavor. Interested students living in South Africa can check below for the internship requirements to know if they qualify for the program. So, let’s find out about the company.
About Sage Group PLC
Sage Group PLC is an Enterprise Software and Network Solutions company. It was established in 1981 and had its headquarters in Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom. More so, the company provides Information Technology to its customers via its over ten thousand employees and generates about $ 5 billion in revenue. Its primary customers are small and medium business owners and Accountants. Sage Group also has a foundation established in 2015. The Sage Foundation supports global charities and non-profit organizations that offer meaningful services to the communities and the world.
About Sage Group Transformation internship
The successful transformation intern must look forward to participating in tasks and carrying out various projects during the program. First, the intern will assist the company in compliance and monitoring various B-BBEE transformation plant initiatives. This will align with the scorecard as ownership, preferential procurement, enterprise and skills development, management control, skills development, and socio-economic development.
Transformation intern’s key responsibility
- Collate quarterly BBEEE reports for the Director to table to all EXCO members and divisions.
- Continually assist the team with the company’s standard procedure documents regarding the latest legislation changes and updates for all scorecard areas.
- Offer assistance in training managers and employees on the BBBEE scorecard.
- Oversee and manage the BBBEE system, BEE123.
- Generate and distribute preferential procurement reports monthly with the procurement manager and all business or element owners.
- Assist with the management of CRS projects.
- Provide employment equity reports to the Director to meet the scorecard requirements.
- Work with Human Resources (HR) to submit the Employment Equity (EE) report to the department of labor.
- Look out for black business development opportunities and assist in developing such businesses.
- Assist with all skill development initiatives, like, employee training, graduates program, etc.
- Assist with work skills plan reports.
- Ensure that the audit and verification processes are rightly done annually. Coordinate the process with the verification agency from the initial to the final stage.
- Be ready to track and monitor the BBBEE and ensure you capture and maintain the information data.
Skills and Qualifications for the internship program
Before you become the selected intern, you must have these qualifications and possess the skills listed below
- Complete your degree or diploma in Human Resources, Supply Chain, or Procurement and Small Business Management.
- Have excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
- Posses practical project management skills
- Demonstrate strong administration and organizational skills.
Also Read: 2023 EMEA Banking Winter Internship
- Have a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a relevant course (must be NQF level 7)
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PPT, Excel)
Type of internship program
How to apply
Click on the company’s career website and apply. The application process is smooth; however, you can nominate someone you think is more deserving of the role.