The 2023 EMEA Banking Winter Internship is a unique opportunity for aspiring banking professionals to bring their classroom knowledge to the boardroom and gain valuable experience in finance. This intensive three-week paid vacation internship program is designed to give students the in-office knowledge and skills necessary to become successful banking professionals.
Interns can explore the banking industry, gain experience in international finance, and build a professional network. Participants will also gain insight into the workings of the banking sector and explore the opportunities available to them.
About the EMEA banking winter internship program
Citigroup, the EMEA Banking Winter internship program host, gladly invites all qualified undergraduate university students and new graduates to take advantage of this opportunity to boost their future careers. That is, even if you have experience in the financial industry.
The internship offers a platform for successful candidates to work in one of the biggest financial services in the world. The program does not discriminate against race, nationality, sexual orientation, gender, disability, or religion. The applicants living with a disability must ensure they make it known during their application so that it will help get befitting accommodation during the program. The EMEA Banking internship will hold at Sandton, South Africa, under the Management Develop Programs, and the internship will commence on the 26 of June and down to the 14 of July 2023.
Also Read: Microsoft Internships in South Africa
What the internship expects from the interns
Internship expects things from the candidates selected to participate in the program, and the interns must fulfill the following obligations:
- Participate in client development.
- Show interest and learn how to build financial models and develop corporate finance solutions for the company’s clientele.
- Conduct industry research and analyze industry trends to support bespoke advice and superior value proposition.
- Hands-on work experience as a member of either the corporate or the investment banking unit
- Get a strong knowledge of the broad range of financial services and products Citi provides
Who the company thinks is a good fit for the EMEA banking winter internship
Everyone is indeed invited to apply for the internship program. However, some are more qualified and a good fit for the program.
- Candidates with a burning desire to develop an in-depth understanding of the financial markets and banking industry
- Though extensive experience is not a criterion for the program, the candidate must show dedication and passion for learning the business.
- Candidates with analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Knowledge of the global and/or domestic business landscape
- A burning desire to learn and succeed in team environments
- Candidates who exhibit a commitment to personal growth
Benefits of the EMEA banking winter internship
Successful candidates will begin to receive a monthly competitive salary and other remunerations.
Qualification for application
- A solid academic track record at matric and university levels
- A focused interest in financial markets and current affairs
- Highly motivated mindset with a solid work ethic
- Students from all degrees can apply
- Academic background in economics, Finance, Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics, Accounting, Actuarial Science, and related disciplines are not essential, just beneficial.
How to apply
Visit the application website and submit your application
Attach your CV, cover letter, ID card, and updated academic history.
How the company review applications
The company reviews the applications on a rolling basis, so you must apply soon.