MSF Media and Communications internship is a value-packed program that lays a foundation for a sustainable career in the media industry.
This appealing offer is for South Africans ready to take on the responsibilities that will be conferred on them as the MSF’s Media and Communications interns. Through this program, interns will gain exposure and extensive knowledge of media operations.
In addition to that, the internship program will give interns the platform to contribute to the success of an NGO, thereby impacting lives. This training is a sure way for undergraduates to earn extra credit and gain exposure.
Thus, by the end of this internship, you should be able to understand the rudiments of effective media and communication skills.
About Mediciens Sans Frontieres
MFS is a non-profit organization established in Paris, France in 1971. They are also called Doctors without Borders because as a humanitarian organization they provide medical aid to people or groups needing emergency healthcare regardless of their race, status, and religion. MFS is a worldwide movement with operations across 70 countries.
The organization believes the success of its operations since existence is people-driven, hence the immense contribution to the success of both voluntary and full-time employees.
Overview of MFS Media and Communications Internship
This internship is a part-time program in an international and independent medical organization. To occupy the position of media intern in such a global organization, you must have a flair for media and communication.
Interns should be individuals with excellent communication skills as they will support media liaison specialists to develop content, compile reports, and generally create journals that explain MSF work to medical professionals.
More so, successful candidates will tackle challenging tasks under the guidance of professionals; this responsibility equips you with the knowledge to handle actual jobs after the internship.
Read Also: World Endeavors internship
The MSF Media and Communications internship program responsibilities
- Carryout routine checks of media outlets and print through digital content monitoring tools online
- Gather and internally disseminate accounts of media monitoring
- Grade journalists according to their beats and revise their status when they leave
- Contribute to precise media and communication initiatives and events when necessary
- Create a story pitch on your own, circulate it to the media, and document the results from your analysis.
- Assist the team in gathering media reports from time to time.
- Contribute to administrative, account management, and content selection duties for medical journals.
Eligibility criteria for the MSF Media And Communications Internship
The eligible candidate for the MSF Media and Communications internship must meet the following requirements;
- Recent graduate with a degree or diploma in Media, Journalism, Public Relations, communications, or other equivalent fields. Second and third-year university students are also eligible to apply.
- Provable interest in the media and communications work environment.
- Familiarity with South Africa’s media, including community media
- Excellent research abilities
- Superb time management skills
- Fascination with local and international current affairs
- Highly professional with good work ethics
Benefits of an MSF Media and Communications Internship
- Salary: R5000
- Transport allowance
- Data allowance
- 100% medical aid contribution
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa.
Duration: 12 months
Application deadline: August 21, 2023.
- Register on MFS’ website
- Select this internship and apply
- You will receive a notification when the recruitment process is complete.
Frequently asked questions on MSF Media and Communications Internship
When will this program start?
The MFS media and communications internship will commence on September 4, 2023.
Can I submit my application through mail, fax, or e-mail?
MSF only considers applications through its company website. This is because candidates must answer questions online as part of the application process.
How long does it take to get a response after applying for the MFS Media and Communications internship?
Applicants will receive an e-mail notification after two weeks of submission.
In conclusion, the MSF Media and Communications internship program equips you with the confidence to become an authority in your profession.