HSRC Masters research internship is a requisite experience for students yearning for academic advancement in their area of study. It is suitable for individuals with work experience in Public health or other equivalent fields.
This internship is an opportunity for South African students to explore the best research institute in the country. In other words, HSRC’s environment is ideal for master’s students seeking academic growth as they perfect their career skills.
At the time of application, candidates for the HSRC Masters research internship must be registered for a master’s degree in a reputable South African university. Through this opportunity, students will work on research projects that can contribute to their academic success and the general development of South African communities.
The Human Sciences Research Council (HSRC) is a prestigious Social Sciences and research agency in South Africa. They handle extensive policy-related and social-scientific projects for the public sector, international development agencies, and non-profit organizations.
Since its establishment in 1929, they have become a core contributor to knowledge production while partnering with communities to create solutions. Aside from this, they hope to disseminate information further, create more job opportunities, and ultimately reduce poverty in South Africa.
Overview of HSRC Masters Research Internship
As research professionals, it is essential to note this program could boost credibility and employability skills. The company encourages applications from all eligible students who will bring value to the institute.
First and foremost, the HSRC Masters Research internship will be introduced to research experts and project specialists. There is a chance for thorough coaching on essential research techniques.
Interns will manage and supervise research projects at HSRC. In addition, interns will analyze reports and present their findings at major forums.
Exceptional writing skills are essential to process research results and reports. Finally, the ability to complete tasks independently of team experts is an advantage.
Also Read: World Endeavors internship
What are the responsibilities of an HSRC Masters research intern?
- Data acquisition and analysis
- Conduct and oversee all research projects
- Assist with writing and documenting research reports, publication manuscripts, and research results.
- Tender research results in different meetings (conferences, webinars, and seminars)
- Engage in the conceptualization and delivery of research projects
- Participate in the advancement of research proposals for ethical review
What are the minimum requirements for an HSRC Masters research internship?
- Candidates must have the necessary computer skills (like Microsoft Office)
- Must have professional experience with some of the following data software packages: Epi Info, STATA, ATlasTI, Nvivo, SPSS, or other statistical packages
- Must have an admissible Honors degree and be enrolled for a Master’s in Public Health.
- Should be able to meet deadlines and deliver under pressure
What are the benefits of the HSRC Masters research internship?
- Internship salary: ZAR 9,837
- Academic advancement
- Flexible work schedule
- Skills development
- Expert coaching
Location: Western Cape, Gauteng, Kwazulu-Natal.
Job type: Fixed term contract- Long term.
Application deadline: 23 October, 2023.
Also Read: Analytics graduate program
How to apply
- Register on the HSRC recruitment site
- Submit your application with your academic certificates
- Candidates must understand that registration doesn’t guarantee a successful application.
Frequently Asked Questions on HSRC Masters research internship
What is the recruitment process for this program like?
After an online application, shortlisted candidates will sit for an interview.
Those who succeed will be subject to a thorough verification process that includes background checks, reference checks, and credit checks.
When should I expect feedback from the recruiting team?
Eligible candidates will receive a reply after they submit their online application.
What is the duration of this program?
This internship will last for 24 months (2 years).
In summary, the outcome of the HSRC Masters research internship is an increase in research expertise and a massive boost to participants’ academic performance.