We have a list of top pharmacist jobs in Canada. A perfect opportunity for you to explore these available offers in the country as a qualified Pharmacist. Before that, remember that a pharmacy education is only some of what you need to qualify.
There are regulatory bodies set to issue licenses to professionals in the field. Applicants must have a license from them or be eligible to obtain one.
Ultimately, this list highlights jobs in various pharmacy fields which includes community and hospital pharmacies. Read on to discover health facilities looking for professionals open to a pharmaceutical career in Canada.
List of Pharmacist jobs in Canada
Island Health is in charge of providing health care services in communities across Canada. They have numerous facilities with a team of healthcare professionals working to provide for the community’s health needs. With this job comes the opportunity to join a team of experts to offer solutions.
- Ensure patient safety
- Increase quality
- Give reports to the pharmacy site coordinator
- Offer clinical pharmacy services and pharmaceutical care
- Should have a license or be qualified for a license by the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia.
- Concluded an accredited pharmacy residency or have an equal level of training and experience.
- Can spot and handle drug therapy cases
- Teaching and organizational skills
- Ability to function in the multidisciplinary health care team and work without supervision
- Ability to build and maintain a good working relationship with colleagues and patients
- Can communicate fluently in the employer’s primary language of business.
- Can handle relevant equipment and computerized software applications
Role: Temp FT
Position: Clinical pharmacist
Work hours: 75 hours bi-weekly
Location: Courtenay, BC
Salary: $49.87-$62.32 per hour
Apply on the company’s website
Headwaters health care system
Headwaters health care system is a major medical facility in the Dufferin area. They offer inpatient and outpatient as well as emergency services around the clock. This is one of the pharmacist jobs in Canada that requires a license and work experience from applicants.
- Management of pharmacy technicians
- Work in the company’s pharmacy unit
- Exhibit strong leadership and clinical skills
- Change several specialties
- Assist with committee work
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy from an accredited university
- Chemotherapy and Oncology experience with OPIS and verifying orders
- Has a license and registration with the Ontario College of Pharmacists
- Knowledge of Meditech computers is a bonus
- Has at least 1500 hours of experience in an inpatient hospital in the past two years.
Also Read: 4 Top Banking jobs in Canada in 2024
- Pension benefits
- On-site cafeteria
- Health care and dental care
- 6% vacation pay
Role: Temporary, full-time.
Position: Casual pharmacist
Salary: CAD 125,135
Submit your application here
WRHA Corporate is an organization that provides the city of Winnipeg with healthcare support. This makes our list of available Pharmacist jobs in Canada. A regional staff pharmacist is needed for this role.
- Deliver medications, including sterile and non-sterile, using different distribution methods.
- Check orders for authenticity, completeness, and appropriateness
- Share drug information with patients and healthcare providers, awareness programs, drug reviews, and literature evaluation
- Observe the clinical status and drug therapies of patients to determine the best treatment approach
- Enlighten patients on medication usage
- Coach pharmacy assistants
- Prior work experience in a hospital pharmacy
- Class five driver’s license from the province of Manitoba.
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or similar undergraduate pharmacy degree
- Pharmacy license in the Province of Manitoba
- Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada Certification
Position: Regional staff pharmacist
Work hours: Eight hours per day
Location: Swan River
Salary: $59.473 per hour
Walmart is the world’s biggest retail brand, with a chain of hypermarkets and stores in several countries, including India and Mexico. They are accepting applications for the role of a relief pharmacist.
- Help staff pharmacist and pharmacy manager with operations
- Provide exemplary customer experience, find merchandise on the sales floor
- Build an excellent professional relationship with services district managers and other investors
- Receive refill requests or prescriptions from patients, hospitals, or doctors
- Make sure pharmaceutical products are stored properly
- Carry out processes as per OBWs/SOPs
- Can operate pharmacy equipment
- Pharmacist license
- Prescribing permit
Position: Relief pharmacist
Work hours: 40 hours per week
Send your application through this link