The Coronation Catapult programme creates a launch pad for growth in the asset management industry. With this intention, Coronation is offering graduates a unique opportunity to evolve professionally through various positions in South Africa.
In addition, trainees will benefit greatly from the preparative sessions, skills training, and exposure necessary to manage their careers. Training in a 27% employee-owned company, affords graduates the privilege of the support of expert employees through extensive mentoring sessions.
Qualification for the Coronation Catapult programme entails a list of requirements which I will share below.
About Coronation Fund Managers
Coronation Fund Managers is a South African Financial institution established by expert investors in 1993. It is an asset management business that yields long-term revenue for clients.
Their clientele includes banks, medical schemes, pension and provident funds. Also, Coronation Fund Managers has an active investment team headquartered in Cape Town, South Africa, and branches across South Africa and London.
Currently, they have a total of R627 billion in client assets under their management. As an employee-centric company, CFM recognizes employees’ competence in their establishment, hence the creation of this program.
Overview of the Coronation Catapult Programme
The Coronation Catapult programme offers a platform for the inculcation of power skills crucial in career transformation and development.
More so, candidates will experience a diverse and productive environment to enable them kick start their careers. The work ethic and culture they have further stimulate growth. Candidates can go ahead to apply for either of the available programs and work at attaining greater heights in their field.
Read Also: Vodacom Discover Graduate Program 2024
Trainee Equity Analyst
First of all, a trainee equity analyst in this dynamic training program must have a degree in Accounting, Mathematics, Economics, or other similar fields.
They should be passionate and eager to experience the investment industry. Above all, the ability to work and deliver under pressure is of utmost importance.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work with analysts on research projects covering various sectors
- Complete Ad hoc jobs for senior colleagues in the research team
- Support analysts on ad hoc projects
- Development of presentation for report-backs and roadshows
- Be present at meetings with executives and the IR unit
- Contribute to the research process by working on administrative tasks
- Help analysts with conducting company analyses and spreadsheet models
Trainee Equity Trader
To qualify to train as an equity trader in one of CFM’s black-owned stock brokers. Graduates must exhibit numerical and high delivery skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle issues amplified by the dealing team
- Offer pointers to traders on P and L positions
- Put morning reports together
- Supervision of all settlements
- Delivery of clients’ orders
- Correct wrong bookings and allocations
- Execute onboarding processes when due
- Organize market structure reports
- Address Queries
- Engage in the settlement process
- Record onboarding processes
- Act Sci
- Bbus Sci
- Degree majoring in Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Investments or Accounting
Benefits of the Coronation Catapult programme
- Work support
- Structured training
- Professional mentorship
Location: Gauteng, South Africa
Duration: 12 months
Application deadline: 9 November, 2023.
Read Also: AFGRI Trainee Program 2023
How to apply
- Click on the Coronation fund managers careers portal to submit your application.
- Use an updated version of your browser for easy access
- Attach all supporting documents including a comprehensive CV
- Wait for feedback from the talent team.
Frequently asked questions on the Coronation Catapult Programme
How will I know my application is successful?
An automated response will indicate the success of your application. However, recruiters will personally reach out to eligible candidates for an interview.
When can I expect feedback after application?
Applicants will get a response two to three weeks after the submission deadline.
What is the Coronation Fund Managers recruitment process like?
Eligibility guarantees a first-round interview with the talent management team, and then a second assessment from the hiring team.
To put it briefly, the Coronation Catapult programme not only provides training on asset management and investment but also serves as a starting point for career elevation.