Many benefits await the successful candidate who will become the Mastercard Associate Consultant intern. It will be an opportunity to network, learn profitable skills, and kickstart your future career in any tech and data-based field.
The internship program will take place during the summer in South Africa, where you will join the team and help provide solutions to the company’s clients in various departments. The program will be challenging, but it will also bring out the best in you and make you the prepared version for your future.
Suppose you are interested in becoming one of Mastercard’s Associate Consultant Intern; you must meet all the requirements and possess the necessary skills worthy of the position. Read on to find out the application process for this program.
About Mastercard Inc.
Mastercard Inc. is a financial services company established in 1966. It is the 2nd largest payment-processing company globally and provides various payment transaction channels alongside other payment services.
Though Mastercard has various branches worldwide, its headquarters is in New York, United States of America. It serves the public through payments issued between banks merchants or credit unions and the purchasers of their prepaid, debit, or credit cards. With only Visa as their biggest competitor, Mastercard has a teeming staff of over 30,000.
Overview of the Mastercard Associate Consultant Intern
Coming onboard this internship program will be a moment of exposure and self-awakening. You will be ushered into working with various latest technologies and data.
The lucky Associate Consultant Intern will gain life-changing insight into industries like retail, financial services, hospitality, restaurants, etc. You will team up and collaborate with colleagues who are already experts in the industry to help some of these big brands answer challenging questions and solve pressing issues.
Also Read: Boston Consulting Group CA Programme 2024
What is your role as an Associate Consultant Intern at Mastercard?
These are the leading roles you must fulfill as an Associate consultant intern:
- Join small teams in the company to solve client’s most challenging strategic issues.
- Be a part of a team and volunteer in team building experience
- Expose yourself to the company’s leadership team through speaker series and networking sessions
- Find and utilize opportunities to give meaningful opportunities
- Intentionally collaborate with other staff in various departments of the company to gain more insight into account management, business development, and product management
- Be open to and cultivate relationships with clients to understand their business needs, guide their decisions, and look for strategic ways to solve their problems
- Add to your knowledge and growth by being open to mentorship from the company’s experienced management team.
- Keep to Mastercard’s security policies and practices
- Keep the confidentiality of information accessed
- Report suspected information security violation or breach
- Complete periodic mandatory security training in line with Mastercard’s guidelines
Skills to make you eligible for the Associate Consultant Intern at Mastercard
- Analytic excellence
- Excellent communication skills
- Diverse perspectives
- Verbal communication skills
- Possess rapid growth qualities
- Business interests
This is not exactly a work and study program, but you must meet the following targets:
- Be an undergraduate but be graduating between Dec 2024 – August 2025
- Demonstrate excellent academic track record
- Prove leadership in a work setting or extracurricular activities
- Possess excellent analytic and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Have experience with using data analysis querying tools like;
- Have analytics or business experimentation track
- Possess the ability to communicate complex ideas effectively in writing and speaking.
- Be a South African citizen
As an associate consulting intern, you will;
- Have an opportunity to grow
- Platform to see the world and interact with world-class clients
- Exposure to current technologies
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Closing date: Ongoing
Also Read: CGS Sales Support Graduate 2024
How to Apply
- visit the Mastercard application website
- Click on Apply
- Chose the better application option
Frequently Asked Questions about the Mastercard Associate Consultant Intern
What type of work schedule is the associate consultant internship program?
It is a full-time program.
Are there other ongoing internships in South Africa?
Yes, there are. Kindly go through this page to see other ongoing South African internship programs.
In conclusion, South Africa is packed with numerous internships from highly-placed companies like Mastercard. Do well to make the most of them and kickstart your career to great heights.