Bird Construction is providing an estimating student intern program for those who can partner with experts to create fulfilling solutions. The ideal candidate is not only smart but also teachable and eager to learn.
Through this program, students can be part of the dynamic team responsible for the company’s success. Additionally, students get the rare opportunity to pave their career path with professionals ready to provide the support they need.
From this program, establishing quality relationships will come easy. The internship will also equip you with transferrable work skills to sustain you through a career in construction.
Students have a lot to gain from working in this program. Apart from the experience the company can offer, there are multiple reasons why Bird’s internship is ideal for you.
About Bird Construction
Bird Construction is a Canadian-based construction company that has offered its services to a wide customer base for decades. Some of their clients include reputable firms in the commercial, residential, institutional, civil, and wastewater sectors.
Also, their services cover pre-construction services and stand as a key member for private-public projects. More so, the company of over 5000 experts who are also shareholders.
Bird construction clients are sure to receive quality services from employers who value their investments. Their excellent performance has earned them a spot on the list of Canada’s best contractors.
Bird offers a comprehensive range of services such as renovation, tenant improvement, new construction, and renovations. This is the best workplace for young construction workers to draw skills and knowledge from.
Overview of Bird Construction Estimating Student Internship
This program is a full-time program that will last for four to twelve months depending on your specifications. Estimate students will be involved with group and individual projects under the guidance of a professional mentor.
Furthermore, candidates for the estimating student intern program must have background knowledge of construction. With this, active contribution to the company’s operation won’t be a problem.
This program aims to help students discover their potential and achieve their career goals.
The responsibilities of Estimating Student Interns
- Assist the estimating team in tracking and reporting on project bids, opportunities, and market trends.
- Analyze project ideas, specifications, and related documents to understand project scope and requirements
- Work with senior estimators and project managers to review proposals and bids to achieve correctness and competitiveness
- Direct take-offs from project sketches and create material and labor quantity estimates
- Prepare accurate cost estimates for labor, subcontractor quotes, materials, and other project costs.
- Help prepare bid proposals, gather and organize important estimating information
- Join departmental and project meetings to provide input and assist with estimation matters
- Keep up with industry trends, construction technologies, and estimate practices
Who is eligible for Bird Construction Estimating Student Internship?
- Currently on a degree program in construction management, civil engineering, or related courses
- Exhibits the attributes of an ideal team player- eager, smart, humble.
- Will have one more semester after the internship and possess a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Can lead and adapt quickly in an ever-changing environment
- Ability to build and nurture positive relationships
Benefits of Bird Construction Estimating Student Interns
- Mentorship opportunities
- Skills development
- Challenging environment
- Flexible schedule
Salary: $17 per hour
Location: Alberta, Canada.
Duration: 4-12 months
Application status: Ongoing
How to Apply
- Submit your application on the company’s website
- Upload your relevant documents including your academic records and cover letter.
- Prepare for an interview.
Frequently Asked Questions on Bird Estimating Student Intern Program
Can I negotiate the term length for this program?
Yes. Candidates should specify their preferred length during application.
When will this internship start?
This program will begin in May 2024.
Can I find similar opportunities for Canadian students?
Yes. You are likely to find a suitable Canada internship program on our list.
To summarize, estimating students who train at Bird Construction’s internship program will have the opportunity to train and grow relevant skills in a supportive environment.