Sanlam’s Project Management and Administration graduate intern program fulfills the company’s commitment to developing a pipeline of competent professionals. An essential part of the internship is the rotational training across various teams, which multiplies graduates’ chances of learning new skills.
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to support Sanlam teams with research work, record-keeping, and other impactful projects. Project Management and administration graduate interns will be supervised during this program. However, applicants must be self-directed and knowledgeable about company practices for maximum and professional output. Before applying for this program, candidates may need prior knowledge of the host company and its recruitment process.
About Sanlam Group
Sanlam Group is a 105-year-old JSE-listed financial company headquartered in Cape Town, South Africa. Although it started as an insurance company, the group has advanced to offer various financial services, including credit solutions and investment management, to clients across Africa.
Sanlam derives its prominence as the largest insurance company in Africa through the flawless and empowering financial solutions they have offered customers over the years.
Overview of the Project Management and administration graduate internship
First, training as a project management and administration graduate intern is a compulsory experience required to manage complex jobs with efficiency. Interns are provided with development opportunities across Sanlam’s four business clusters – Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investment Group, and Sanlam Life and Savings.
Through the equitable and inclusive work environment designed to encourage diversity, selected interns will thrive and achieve diverse career growth. Finally, the company will consider its Employment Equity Plan and target during the recruitment process.
What are the responsibilities of the project management and administration graduate intern?
- Contribution to the organization of Learning and Development events
- Provide reporting and administrative assistance on the learning management system and other learning portals used in business
- Assist the Learning and Development team with administrative functions
- Support projects for learning and development affairs
- Cater to the needs of trainees in group development programs
Who is the ideal candidate for the Project Management and Administrative graduate intern position?
- Educational requirements
- A Degree or three-year National Diploma in Human Resources or other similar fields.
- Professional competencies
- Business operation
- Reporting and administration skills
- Data collection and transaction processes
- Documentation, maintenance of databases, and filing
- Understanding of HR standards and procedures
- Understands legislation that guides learning and development (BBBEE act, Skills development)
- Quality, compliance, and accreditation
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Outlook
- Personal competencies
- Ability to improve work processes
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to advance work processes
- Impeccable organization and execution skills
What are the benefits of the Sanlam Project Management and Administration graduate intern program?
- Hybrid work policy
- Mentorship opportunities
- Upskilling opportunities
- Employee assistance program
- NetworkingBE company executives
Location: Sandton, Gauteng, South Africa.
Application Status: Ongoing
How to apply
- Click on Sanlam careers website for the vacancy advertisement.
- Once you locate your preferred program, apply and wait for an acknowledgment from the recruitment team.
Frequently Asked Questions on Sanlam project management and administration graduate intern program
What is the hiring process for the Sanlam internship?
Sanlam Group recruitment involves a series of assessments, including interviews and background checks, to verify candidates’ competencies.
What is the duration of this program?
This internship will last for a maximum of one year.
Can I find other internship programs relevant to my field in South Africa?
Yes. South African students and graduates can gain valuable experience through any of these internships in South African programs.
Ultimately, young talents can exploit the Sanlam project management and administration graduate intern program to gain career-specific skills and grow professional competencies.